Beretta 682 Gold E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta 682 Gold E

I've been shooting Sporting Clays for a few years and want to upgrade guns. I'm looking at a clean Beretta 682 Gold E Sporting with case, chokes, 30" barrels. The owner is willing to let me shoot a round before buying so I can make sure it fits. Is there anything else I need to look for? Was this a fairly decent model? Is $2000.00 a fair price? If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

I have the same gun with a 32” barrel. I really like the balance of the gun. Sounds like a good deal, but only if it shoots where you’re looking. Take it to a pattern board and she if it’s shooting where you think it should.

Comment

Sounds like good advice. I will pattern it. I'm also going to shoot a round of clays with it Sunday. I like my Brownings, but the Citori's don't seem to fit quite right. I won a Browning Cynergy CX. It was a great gun, but it had a 60/40 P.O.I. and I couldn't get used to it. I ended up trading it for a Winchester Select Platinum. The Winchester actually fits me pretty good. I'm thinking the Beretta will have a lower profile like the Winchester. I've read a lot of good reports on the Beretta and I'm anxious to try one. this one seemed like a decent deal so I guess we'll see. Thanks for the input.

Comment

The 682 is a great gun. If you go back in time, it was Beretta’s gun for Olympic shooters. There have been several iterations of this model and the Gold E was the last version they produced. All of the Beretta 680 series have the same “guts”, but this model was designed for the clay shooter

Comment

What P.O.I are you looking for? Most off the shelf sporting guns will be 60/40.

Comment

I would like 50/50. That's where the Winchester I'm currently shooting patterns. It seems to work best for the way I mount the gun and focus on the bird. The Cynergy had a somewhat of a raised rib. If I mentally paid attention and "floated the bird" it did all right. It might sound weird, but I shoot my best scores when I shoot instinctively, with no focus on the bead or barrel. The 50/50 seems to work best in that respect. I'll admit i'm still learning and things I took as fact have changed in the last few years. The 682 seems to have a fairly flat rib, so I'm hoping it will shoot 50/50. I'll pattern it this weekend and shoot a round or two of clays. If it doesn't work out I'll stick with my Winchester for a while. Luckily the seller is awesome to deal with and has let me try it for the weekend.

Comment

I did shoot a round with the Beretta over the weekend. I guess it is true what they say about Beretta vs Browning as far as fit. It just didn't feel comfortable to me. The forearm seemed too wide and I just couldn't get a smooth consistent mount and follow through with it. In fairness I think with enough time I could have made it work, but I just wasn't feeling it. It's a beautiful, well built gun, but I hated to spend that much on a used gun that I wasn't comfortable with. I did pattern it and it appeared to be more of a 40/60 pattern for me. Guess I'll stick with Winchester and Brownings. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

You did the right thing!

Comment

Working...
                X